They haven't hatched yet, but once they do they will be named and can live with me here in Butler.
This week was amazing because I got to interview FRED WOLF!!! I am writing my final History of Animation paper on him and had the chance to meet him at his studio in Burbank. Him and his assistant were super friendly and supportive, and his office was surrounded with figurines that he animated. It was an amazing experience to meet one of my animation idols.
here is my fan girl picture :
And for those of you who do not know who Fred Wolf is he made this:
and this:
and Tony the Tiger commercials, The Flinstones intro scene, and Ninja Turtles. I also have this recorded, if anyone wants to hear me fan girl out and ask as many Harry Nilsson questions for my friend Ben.
My Chiodo assignment we had to make a normal walk, mine sucks by the way :(((((
I swear I am going to re-do all of these one day.
My Toy Theater assignment was to tell a story in Kamishibai style that we are going to have to present in class, my story is very depressing and made with my Instax mini polaroids
and for Mini Patterns we built arms for our puppets (mine are super tiny):
I am now making a mini mini film for my Toy Theater final. I bought these teeny tiny (expensive) miniatures over the weekend and spent over an hour deciding which ones to buy. I apologize to the employee who probably couldn't stand me, but look at them!!
and Saturday night was Calvin's Lacma event:
ambar












That's awesome. As a kid, my family always called me Oblio cause I had such a round head. haha
ReplyDeleteWalk cycles are tough. It's still something I try to practice regularly. I didn't realize you guys use peg board as your animation table. That's a cool idea. I've been drilling all of my tie-down holes individually. Having a peg board table top might make things easier, I'll have to look into it.
No word from Calarts yet. It seems like most of the EA applicants on AB are still waiting to hear back too. Still hopeful :)
Matthew! Me and Isabela are anxiously waiting to hear back from CalArts for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, Fred Wolf is a legend! The walk cycle was pretty hard. Mine kinda trips :/
We do use that peg board but the holes aer usually too wide apart so I end up drilling. You are lucky if your puppet naturally lands in one of the holes but I still end up drilling 90% of the time.
What's new with you? I am actually about to animate in a few mins..