Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week 26

Week 26 has been me trying to be productive and getting sick :(
But in good news, my films will be showcased at SXSW in the Austin School of Film Screening! Hooray!



I also went to this screening with my bf in LA, then ate at a deli afterwards that had this amazing ceiling



Here is a photo summary of my week:

We made bodies in Mini Patterns so we can hopefully start making clothes! We've only been working on hats lately

Yes, MORE tiny hands. I'm a perfectionist and want the smallest cutest animatable hands
Before:

After:



Had to repair my puppets arm, and I thought i'd post this for (Matthew) because I think Chiodo is a genius! The wire going through my 2 pieces of brass were breaking so Chiodo told me to wrap the same wire over the brass, then make it go straight over the wire, then back to wrapping it on the other piece of brass.  You then super glue the wire on the brass, then put Steel Epoxy over it.



Here is my twiggy puppet in progress: 

Okay, and last here is my Chiodo test of the week. The assignment was to have your puppet pick up something heavy.  Not too proud of this one :/




and on a final note....

RIP Davy Jones, my 2nd row seat to your concert will never get filled, but the hours of Monkee episodes and songs will keep me company


<3



2 comments:

  1. I still love that twiggy sculpt. Having a wire snap is the worst. That's a clever way to repair it. I've never made a brass tube armature. Something I definitely have to try.

    I got accepted into Ringling today. Still holding out for Calarts. I'll hopefully hear back soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just move here and audit calarts classes!!! I seriously considered doing that. Actually I don't think you are "supposed'' to use brass on the arms it's usually Magic Sculp but the wire on my arm had snapped off and I couldn't just stick it back on with Magic Sculpt so that's why I used brass but I kinda like it.

    I hope you hear back soon too! (seriously just come audit classes!!!)

    ReplyDelete