I spent the past 2 weeks attempting to make a decent looking puppet since I hated how my last one came out! I've been experimenting with Balloon Latex to make hands and the legs
Tiny Hands
Made 3 armatures in 1 week cause i'm insane
MORE tiny hands!
My To do list plus my DVD of films I am having screened at SXSW in the Austin School of Film showcase! Hooray! I love screening at SXSW every year. Thank you ASoF!!!
This was my Chiodo test. We had to have our puppet waiting, then gets hit and knocked over
The Chiodo test for the week before was to have your puppet waiting but mine was bad I refuse to put it up! Chiodo always saids don't blame the puppet but I swear my puppet was extremely hard to move but now that I fixed it it's pretty nice to animate.





That's a crap load of latex lol Is that supplied by the school or did you have to buy it? That stuff is pricey.
ReplyDeleteCreating hands is one of my least favorite things to do. Layers and layers of latex. Using a hair dryer. And adding more layers. Blah
The test came out nice. Do they make you animate on 1's or 2's?
CalArts does not buy you any supplies! Very frustrating be prepared to come with a lot of $$$ for supplies.
ReplyDeletethanks! My tests are always kinda crappy I have to say :( never happy with them. You get a 3 hour block to animate, and usually takes an hr to set up the room (stage, lighting, a cover over the tie down board)
have you heard back from calarts! I hear people are already getting letters
For some reason, I imagined a large communal art room where you could grab whatever supplies you needed whenever you needed it. Wishful thinking,I guess lol
ReplyDeleteHaven't heard back from any schools yet, but hopin' to hear something soon :) I'll text if I get good news.