I now have a desk in the Butler Building!
(oh and I had my calendar on January for about a week now and was getting all my days/dates confused)
The weeks are going by so fast I can't even remember what I have been doing lately. Tomorrow my stop-mo film "Bored Girl" will be screened at the Bijou thanks to my friend Bertha who told me about the "Mi Gente" screening where they will be showing work of Hispanic/all Latin students work. And they put me right after Quique, the best stop-mo guy here dammit! (and spelled my name wrong, and it was a 1:00 min film but 4! but thanks!)
We had 1 week to make an armature in Chiodo's Stop-Mo Direction and Performance class, and 1 week to fabricate it. Our first assignment was a pose test, no less than 10 pics, to tell a story with your puppet (no animating just keyframing)
Here are a few pics of my armature/puppet.
In my Miniature Patterns class we are building a puppet piece by piece and eventually are going to make the clothes for it. This week we started building the head here's mine in progress:
Next week we are going to make Hats!
This is my test for my Alternative Stop-mo where we had to bring in a block of ice to melt. I used candles, drops of wax, and gummy bears.
Oh yeah! Me, my roommate and a few others bought tickets for this!
It sold out within 2 mins and luckily my fast bidding ebay skills paid off!
ambar










oh wow, you'll have to let us know how that Brad Bird thing goes!
ReplyDelete