Had a friend stay the past 4 days in which I had a ton of homework to do.
Went to the Jules Engel RedCat screening where they screened his films along with CalArts student film from the 70's that were SOOO good.
Now Here is my stop-mo short for last week (We had to create a Loop)
I'm not sure if I like mine, it was a hard object to animate, and I couldn't quite line it up back to frame one to create the full loop
Then I slowed down my other animation for my Intuitive class:
And! Here is me in the Mr.Brainwash 2011 Art Show in LA
I made the piece while I was there with the only art supplies I had on me
Got super dusty and sweaty, I had so much fun! They will be exhibiting all the work at the end of October which reminds me, I need to get my CalArts Halloween costume ready...
that's it for now, i'm considering starting a "Animator a Week" thing or something..
ambar
That was a neat animation. To avoid movement, I would have secured the base of the lamp to the floor using tape. Are they restricting you to their camera setup or is that optional? If you hooked up your cannon to a program like Dragon it'd be easy to match up previous frames. You'd also have a live video feed on your computer, which is the best thing ever :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Ha, that's exactly what Mike Johnson said. I didn't think about until half-way but yes! please keep critiquing my stuff :)
ReplyDeletethat's why I post it
and I had a huge trouble using dragon to line things up. When I would onion skin to frame 1 and live feed, it was kinda blurry so when I thought it was lined up it would be off a tiny bit and mess it all up :(
We shoot in the cage in the stop-mo building where they have dragon and a camera set up
By the way, I am about to send you a really cool email!