Friday, September 30, 2011

Life at CalArts

I miss watching films so bad!
My daily homework list consists of:

History of Animation reading
Writing Arts Reading
Intuitive Animation due
Stop-Mo test due

plus whatever assignments my mentor gives me for my 1st year film.

Everything is starting to calm down a little, and I can't wait to start animating for my end of semester film!

I really want to decorate my cube, and get all my homework done so I can have some free animating time

and here are some tests (keyword "TESTS" i've done at calarts so far. Don't judge me!!!)



and thanks to blogger for uploading the crappiest quailty video of my animations! thanks a lot >:(
but you get the point...


ambar

3 comments:

  1. The clay test looks great. Did you use your Cannon to shoot that? It seems like you had the flicker issues pretty much under control.

    The drawing reminds me of the scene in Black Swan where Winona Ryder stabs herself with a fork lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks matthew! actually no, we use a video camera that's all set up. I don't think they let 1st years touch the canons. They make you do this canon workshop because they think 1st years are going to break them or something.

    I could use my own canon though but it's nice that the set up is there and ready to go.

    Are you going to National Portfolio Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calarts must be seriously scared of the freshmen class lol But, I guess I understand that. If you're new to dslr, it's a bit complicated to learn at first. The video turned out great though.

    I'm not going to be able to make it to National Portfolio Day. It's November 1st at the Javitz center in NYC. Calarts is going to be there for only 2 1/2 hours. I live 45 mins from NYC, but to try to make it down there after work would be crazy. Libby gave me a pretty thorough review of my portfolio, so I'm going to base my new stuff off of that. I'm confident this is the year haha

    ReplyDelete